Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day Twenty-Five -- Saying Yes instead of No

Sometimes my immediate instinct to an idea is to say "no". I think as we get older we get set in our ways and it's a good idea to try to say "yes" to new ideas that are offered rather than an immediate "no".

For instance, my mother-in-law went para-sailing on a cruise a few years back. She was in her late 70's. She talks about it to this day and I admire her for doing that as I know my immediate instinct would have been to say "no".

I don't think that we should say yes to every crazy idea someone offers us, I always say "no" to telephone solicitors or ideas too big for my purse strings but simple and fun things shouldn't be put on the back burner for "another time" or "not now, maybe later". There might not be a later.

So I'm becoming a fan or saying "yes" and want to say thank-you to my friend Nancy for the idea :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment