Sunday, July 25, 2010

Day Sixteen -- Pilgrimage


Years ago I read a book by Shirley MacClaine called "The Camino A Journey of the Spirit". It was about a pilgrimage she took in her 60's to a cathedral in Spain, the Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela. I had a friend ask me a couple years ago if I'd like to do this with her. I think it's something that I would love to do. We have no definite plans but I'm holding it in the back of my mind and thinking my husband might also enjoy this. Here is an excerpt from the book:

There is a famous pilgrimage that has been taken by people for centuries. It is called the Santiago de Compostela Camino across northern Spain. It is said the Camino lies directly under the Milky Way and follows the ley lines that reflect the energy from those star systems above it. The Santiago Camino has been traversed for thousands of years by saints, sinners, generals, misfits, kings and queens. It is done with the intent to find one's deepest spiritual meaning and resolutions regarding conflicts in Self... On my journey westward along the Camino I felt I was traveling backward in time to a place that began the experience that made me and the human race what we have become today.
From Wikipedia: The Way of St. James

No comments:

Post a Comment