Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Day Six -- My kids


This is the most recent photo of my kids together taken a couple weeks ago when my daughter was home for a week of summer break. She's now back at school for summer quarter. It was a hot summer day and we'd gone out to eat and both were doodling at Macaroni Grill with crayons and paper.

They are grown and gone most of the year but are never far from my thoughts and I realized at that lunch that there is no one I would rather spend time with than them. They have been the greatest learning experience of my life and I found a quote the other day that perfectly sums that up: "While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." Love is the best that life offers us and nothing beats the love and admiration I have for my children.


No comments:

Post a Comment